The Cloud Architect(s) who supports Special Operations Forces (SOF) overall objective is to assess the migration of workloads and applications to the cloud, supported by comprehensive cloud migration planning services. To achieve this, these cloud migration planning services must meet applicable business, technical, security, management, and administrative objectives. Cloud migration services should be aligned with objectives of the enterprise service delivery model, and support SOFs ability to deliver future sustainable services.
- Enable strategic decisions by SOF to effectively migrate applications to the cloud, maximizing cost reduction and efficiency of IT environment.
- Provide maximum alignment to FDCCI and DoD CIO requirements and cloud migration mandates and requirements, amplifying SOF’s ability to achieve management objectives.
- Provide cloud migration services that accommodate considerations from an enterprise perspective including impact on SOF’s business units, contracts, management, and technical components (application, infrastructure, and security).
- Provide all support operations necessary to fully develop and deliver services for the appropriate phases (Inventory, Application Mapping / Transaction Profiling, Migration Planning) and future sustainment.
As a Cloud/Solutions Architect you will play a critical role in providing strategic, architectural guidance and influence the development and realization of a technology vision across our Cloud platforms and services. As an architect you will be expected to:
- Lead in the engineering vision, artifacts and best practices for our Cloud based Paas, IaaS, Shared Data platforms implementing Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principals and practices (https://github.com/dastergon/awesome-sre)
- Lead the design and architecture of the PaaS platform and services that are consumed by our partners and organization.
- Effectively collaborating with enterprise architecture, reliability, support and onboarding teams in building durable systems/applications and ensuring a low MTTR (mean time to resolution).
- Lead the automation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices to ensure teams are following IaC patterns to ensure repeatability, consistency and portability.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and business teams to architect technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with other technology architects (both application and infrastructure) in influencing the modernization strategy for our platforms and provide guidance on Micro UI, Micro Service and Orchestration services.
- Be a hands on technical architect who will lead the team from the front and be able to inspire thought leadership in the team.
- Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards for our distributed services.
- Technical governance and design review.
- Influence and define processes to enable agile transformation within the Cloud team and across the greater Special Operations Forces (SOF) organization.
- Publish and present architecture to technology leaders and executives.